15 Reps. Targets shoulders.
- Stand with the exercise band in the middle of your feet, grasp handles and lift them so your hands are at shoulder height, arms at a 90 degree angle and palms facing forward (as shown).
- As you exhale, push up with your palms to extend your arms straight above your head.
- At the top of the motion bring your hands slightly together, pause, and return to the starting position slowly and under control.
Tip: Make sure to keep your core tight so you don’t put undue stress on your lower back.
Hold for 30-45 seconds. Targets abs.
- e face down with legs extended, feet shoulder width apart, elbows bent and directly under your shoulders.
- Tuck your toes under and contract your abs to lift your body off the ground.
- Position your body in a straight line from head to heels, hold for 30-45 seconds.
Tip: To increase the intensity of this exercise and get your heart pumping try jumping your legs out to a star fish (wider than shoulder width) then back to starting position or to target your glutes perform alternating glute lifts as many times as you can in a controlled fashion for the designated time.
15 Reps. Muscles: Gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed very slightly out.
- Bend at the knees and sit back to lower the body until your legs create a 90 degree angle, chest up.
- Contract the glutes and drive upwards to return to the starting position. Repeat.
Tip: Be mentally present and concentrate on contracting with your glutes and quads as opposed to putting stress on your knees.
15 reps. Targets abdominals.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and lift your legs to a 45 degree angle (as shown).
- Reach your arms forward and maintain strong core posture and spine, hold for 5 seconds.
- In a slow and controlled motion simultaneously extend your legs and allow your torso to reach back and closer to the floor, hold for a few seconds, contract abdominals and return to starting position.
Tip: Remember to keep your shoulders back and chest open (avoid curling in from the chest)
15 reps. Targets biceps.
- Stand with the exercise band in the middle of your feet, legs shoulder width apart.
- Palms facing forward, keep your elbows at your sides contract your biceps and bring them towards your shoulders, hold for a few seconds.
- Allow your hands to return to starting position in a slow and controlled motion
Tip: To switch it up keep your elbows at your sides but bring your hands to either the outside or inside of your shoulders to work the different biceps muscles.
Single Arm Side Plank
Hold for 30 seconds. Targets abs, obliques, shoulders.
- art in a push up position with feet and arms shoulder width apart (can also perform this exercise from your forearms).
- Stabilize and ground with your right hand and foot, lift your left hand off the ground and twist to open up your body. Position your left foot on top of your right foot and reach your left hand to the sky to create a ‘T’ with your body.
- Make sure to keep your body in line from head to toe (neutral spine).
- From this position you have 2 options:
- hold for 30 seconds;
- contract your obliques to pulse your torso towards the sky, return to starting positon and repeat to reach 15 reps.
- Return to push-up position, and complete next set stabilizing with the left side of the body.
Tip: First try this exercise from your forearm then progress to your hand. To make it even more challenging lift your top leg into the air to create a star.
Single Leg Deadlift Variation and Hold
5 reps each leg with 5-10 second hold. Targets gluteus, hamstrings, back, shoulders.
- Root down on your left foot by spreading our your toes and feeling your heel on the ground, arms at your sides.
- Slowly hinge your hips back while simultaneously stretching your right leg out behind you and reaching both arms out in front. Maintain a slight bend in your left knee.
- Aim for your body to be parallel to the floor with your right foot extending back and up with your glutes and your arms stretching forward (it is important to maintain a straight back).
- Hold for 5-10 seconds.
- Contract your left hamstrings and return to the starting standing position. Complete 4 more repetitions on same side, then switch.
Tip: Maintain an activated and strong core and avoid hyper extending the back
Seated Bicycle Twist
15 per side. Targets abs, Obliques, shoulders (if holding weight)
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent to 90 degrees.
- Contract your core to bring your legs off the ground and your torso at a 45 degree angle.
- Extend left leg and contract to twist your torso to the right (for an extra challenge hold a weighted ball or plate and bring it to the right with you and hold it away from your body as shown) Hold for 2 seconds on the right.
- Extend right leg, bring left leg back to starting position and contract abdominals to twist your torso to the left (weight switched from the right to the left).
- Continue alternating legs
Tip: Focus on keeping your core tight and contracted in towards your lower back (not puffing out)